Quilters Lead Pieceful Lives.

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Sweet Hearts

This is the third quilt I have made for a great-grand-child of my mother-in-law's friend Peggy.
The other two were "Confetti" (11 years ago; pre-blog!!!) and "Sesame Street" (2015).

The theme for this one was "pink hearts". I found a patchy heart pattern and then designed the quilt top. It was all made with scrap fabrics, except for the border and back, which I bought specifically for this project.

The idea was for the centers of the hearts to be made up of pink fabrics, and the outer edges (and multi-squares sashing to consist of non-pink fabs. Though that's what I did, it might not be clearly apparent; there's not enough contrast between the pinks and non-pinks.



I ditch quilted around the edges of each heart and the white squares with white thread. Then I shadow quilted a heart (pink thread) inside each of the six hearts. 

Cute and colorful!!



1 comment:

Diana said...

What a beautiful baby gift!